Solar lights were not everyone’s favorite when they first commenced in the commercial market. The designs were generic, and it was okay for a flashlight (something for convenience), but when it comes to the different decorative visions, a solar light didn’t match that description.
However, as technology advanced, solar lights started getting an aesthetic refresh. Now, you can use them indoors and outdoors. As a result, solar garden lights have been a new addition to the eco-friendly industry.
So, if you are looking for solar garden lights ideas for your new home renovation, then you have reached the right place.
Why Solar Lights
Solar lights are powered by solar cells, panels, or batteries that gather solar energy and convert it into electrical energy. Through this energy, one can power electrical appliances.
Here is why you should choose solar garden lights over any other option.
– It is not only environmentally friendly since it is raising excessive tonnes of carbon emission, but also the wildlife. Wildlife like birds, moths, and other fauna trouble coexist in your garden because of the LED lights. So, the natural source of light makes it easier for them.
– If you are worried about your electricity bill skyrocketing, building solar panels and slowly switching to solar energy will help you cut it down in half.
– This will act as a form of motivation for your neighbors when they see the excellent illumination with a quarter of what they are paying for their lights.
– Yes, installing solar panels is costly, but it is a long-term investment. One installation with proper maintenance can last up to two decades.
Solar Garden Lights For Decoration
Here are the solar garden lights which you can look into for your garden renovation.
1. Illuminating Driveways Or Driveways
Illuminating long pathways and driveways are not just a matter of decoration but also security. The first lesson you should learn about perimeter security, you should never keep large areas in your back and front yard dark. Intruders and robbers use this as a perfect place to hide or ambush you when needed.
You can get lanterns or torch lights, or even lowlights for the entire path. These are more practical options. If you want it to look more aesthetic, string lights and hanging lights are also an option.
2. Outdoor Gazebo Lighting
Gazebos are excellent areas to host small cocktail and dinner parties. However, without the right light, gazebos are often unused after sundown. Plus, lighting an entire gazebo can be quite costly.
This problem is gone with the help of bright solar lights. You can use simple fairy lights, solar chandeliers, hanging string bulbs, and other geometrical solar garden lights. The options are endless, and so are your opportunities to host amazing evening teas and dinners in your gazebo.
3. Low-Effort Lighting For The Garden
Low-effort lighting is lights that emit less light. Again, something for aesthetic purposes, and your lush green garden is the perfect place to experiment with this kind of lighting. You will find many solar garden options with fewer lumens and made just for the embellishment of garden areas in the evening.
Some solar garden lights which will catch your guest’s envious astonishment are mirror lights, sunflower solar lights, and even colorful fireworks lights.
4. ILluminating Greenery & Vines
Decorative walls, fences, and fake vines look mesmerizing in the daylight, but as darkness ensues, your guests are unable to see them. So, why not give it some evening makeover with solar garden lights?
Every inch of your garden deserves to get the same praise as your interior because you worked hard toward them. They can bring out the character of the ‘effortless decor’ that you are trying to bring out.
Fairy Lights around your climbing plants and vines can even give these miscellaneous items some dimensions.
5. Lighting Up The Porch
Your porch is also a part of the garden, a place of relaxation, and it does give a good view of the garden you have been working on.
Lighting up the pillars and hanging lights for the corners and center will do wonders for this space. Once you illuminate an area, you will find that that little source of light brings out the colors of the plants, paints, and furniture.
6. String Lights Around Trees
If you have a big yard with trees, and you don’t know where to place these solar garden lights, then get string bulb lights. Wrap them around the trees strategically, and you have a center to host outdoor parties and dinners.
Also, a perfect area to incorporate some security. There could be nothing scarier than a big yard and dark corners, especially if you live alone or have defenseless kids. You can add motion sensors along with these lights to catch any suspicious activities out there before it’s too late.
How To Take Care Of Your Solar Lights
Since these lights are out in nature, they will require regular maintenance and cleaning if they have to function properly. Here is how you can take care of your solar garden lights and help them preserve their longevity.
– Call for professional maintenance every three to four months to ensure the proper working of these lights.
– Clean the lights, and get rid of the accumulating dirt and debris yourself once in a while.
– There is solar-integrating software that you can download to check the power and brightness of each light. This will help you discover any problem beforehand and call for the experts to look into it.
– If the light is fixed within the garden, trim and hedge the nearby wildlife regularly.
– Solar panels generate electricity throughout every solar equipment, but if you don’t have a panel and you are using batteries, check them for corrosion regularly. The rain and sun can corrode the battery, and you might have to change it regularly.
Yes, the maintenance could be quite tricky.
However, when you think about the ways you are helping the environment, motivating others to go green, and at the same time saving on your electricity bill, it is all worth it.