There’s a lot of negativity and bad news in the media (it’s what gets the clicks) so we wanted to share some fun, interesting, and exciting facts in the sustainable and eco-friendly world.
- The Longest Train Ride – Did you know you can travel from Portugal all the way to Vietnam by train. Riding in a train is more environmentally friendly compared to taking a plane (although it might take longer).
- Quarantine Fun Fact – Electricity Consumption is down 20% due to corporate offices being closed.
- Earth Day – Earth Day has officially turned 50 years old in 2020.
- In order to prevent abuse and pollution, the Whanganui river in New Zealand has the same legal rights as a person.
- Oat Milk, created as an environmentally friendly alternative, takes 1/3 the amount of greenhouse gasses to make a pint of milk then milk from a cow.
- The Earth Shot prize was created by Kate and William (yes, the British Royalty) to provide funding to visionaries who are working on solving environmental issues.
- H&M Launched a clothes rental initiative, hoping to help people reuse their clothes rather than throwing it out.
- Engineers have created workout gear that turns your workout into energy. A 30 minute bike ride generates between 50 an 150 watts.
- Wax Worms eat plastic. They’re not the most sustainable solution to the plastic problem but it helps on a small scale.
- Tencel, Mycelium, and Pinatex are three textiles that are more environmentally friendly and sustainable compared to cotton and leather.
What are your favorite fun facts about the environment?